7 compelling reasons your business needs video on its website7th July 2017
Why should I use video for my business?22nd March 2018
When you’re investing in video for your business, it’s important to choose the right style to give your message impact. Should you choose Animation or live action video?
There are benefits to both approaches:
- Animation can be a fun and friendly way of communicating your brand to potential customers.
- Its format allows you to insert branding in innovative ways. For example, you could animate your logo and make it one of the characters. That gives your visual branding some added depth and helps it connect with the people who view your video.
- It’s also an interesting way to present explainer videos.
- Instead of having real people speak a lengthy script, your explainer video can visually show how something works, is made, or a process you’d like to take your customers on.
- Animation can explain complex ideas in a concise fashion.
- In some businesses, confidentiality is an issue.
- For solicitors, healthcare companies, and care homes, the use of an animated video helps get the message across without the need for legal waivers.
- You can also create your characters in the image of your ideal customers. When we feel represented, we’re more likely to buy.
- There’s also another important point. Most of us grew up on a diet of cartoons, so animation makes us nostalgic. That, in turn, makes us more susceptible to the messages in an animation.
- It’s no co-incidence that many public service films are cartoons.
Live action pros
- If you want to connect with your potential clients, there is nothing like a live action video using real people.
- That allows potential customers to visualise using your products or services.
- There’s an old saying: If you can see it, you can be it. We say: If you can see yourself using it, you can buy it!
- Real people also make real connections with customers. Most people make purchasing decisions on an emotional level – it’s not all about facts and figures.
- Having live action videos with the right content can help to stimulate the sort of emotions which will encourage potential clients to become paying customers.
- For case studies, using real, identifiable people is a powerful tool. It is the best way to build trust and help your potential clients along the purchasing path.
- Letting people speak in their own words – as far as is possible – also makes for a far more authentic experience.
- As people buy from people, it’s also important for you and your staff to have a real connection with customers.
- So, don’t be afraid to get in front of the camera yourself!
- Encourage your high-performing staff to do that too. Allow the public to see who will be providing them with their products or services.
Need advice on the best video form for your business? Contact our experts for a no-obligation chat today.